Wednesday 21 March 2018

Good Luck on your New Adventure

I'm feeling 'lost in space' today with my astronaut themed scene using a set from Gerda Steiner.  I stamped the little guy, his martian buddy, the spaceship and masked them all along with the moon (a plain masked circle) before using my dauber to ink around the edge of the card with some DI Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Black Soot inks.  I then coloured my scene trying to give a little moon-glow to my spaceman's outfit and shaded the moon with some Scattered Straw ink.  I stamped the sentiment at the end to finish it off.





Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Hair: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, 
  • Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye, Worn Lipstick
  • Martian: Twisted Citron, Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Sky: Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Black Soot
  • Reds: Abandoned Coral, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany
  • "Whites": Weathered Wood
  • Spaceship: Weathered Wood, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot, Tumbled Glass
  • Flame: Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Carved Pumpkin, Rusty Hinge
  • Moon: Scattered Straw

Card Recipe:


From Dies To Die For:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



9 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant this is just fab love and hugs Carole x

Aileen said...

Wonderful scene love the little boy and critter from outer space.

Sarah said...

What an adorable duo xx

cotnob said...

This is a fun card Annette, such a lovely scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob

x

Fikreta said...

so great card!

Larissa said...

Great card. I really love the background you created, it is perfect for these images.

-xx-

Sandra said...

This is such a darling card, love the cute space traveling boy. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Anne said...

Fabulous - I love how you do the moon and your colours are always so rich
That stamp set is adorable

Anne x

Tami said...

Awesome card! Beautiful work with the moon.