Thursday 1 March 2018

Easter Chicks

Despite the snow and ice, we're heading into Spring over at Squirrel's Random Challenge so we're looking for your take on this season's 'traditional' colours and themes in your creations. 

Instead of my usual DI reinkers I optimistically thought it would be a good idea to use my neglected Zig Brush watercolour pens which are much brighter, but I found that I didn't have the depth of colour that I wanted, so I had to 'enhance' the colours with some DoCraft Artiste Watercolour pens that I've had for years (also neglected).  They were both really easy to blend with and between the two sets I found that I had a much better variety of colours and shades.  They do look much brighter than my usual cards, but I think I probably could have achieved similar with the DIs by choosing the right colours!  The watercolour markers are definitely more mobile though, so maybe an option for holidays!

At As You Like It we're asking if you prefer layers or flat cards, and I must admit that I'm a bit of a fan of both (depending on my mood or the theme).  However, even though this was intended to be a fairly flat card, I can't resist adding layers of papers using dies and ribbons.  Even the tag that I added was raised up on foam pads, so I guess I like layers!  I do think a bit of texture makes a hand crafted card differ from something that's shop-bought.








Card Recipe:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



9 comments:

Christine L said...

Love what you did with these fabulous chicks Annette... and love also how you did the grass around them!

Hope the snow you've got isn't terrible... I heard there was a red warning for the South West and thought of you..

Christine x

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!
hugs

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card. Elaine

Carol S. said...

Love the chicks and their pretty flowers. Gorgeous colours. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Eulanda said...

Awww this is sooo cute! I love that image, great coloring and it's soooo nice to see some SPRING! Even if it's on cards! Thanks so much for joining our "Spring" challenge at Noor! Design UK!! Hugs!

PS - I'm a layer girl 100%. LOL! There's a true knack for flat cards and it's one I struggle with. I see a CASE challenge and I run the other way. LOL!!!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning! Love the rich colour you achieved by mixing pen sets. Superb job!! I totally agree about the handmade cards being a bit special with all the extra layers and details we add. Love your layers, they always look fab! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Sandra said...

Such a sweet card, the little birds are so cute. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

jenn shurkus said...

awww this is so sweet :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Larissa said...

Very cute! Great colouring (as always) and these chick images are all so fun!

-xx-