Saturday 23 November 2013

Whoopee

No card today, but after what can only be described as 'a shitty week' for a whole variety of different reasons, I have some happy news that I can finally share.

For the last 2 or 3 years, I've entered a card-making competition in the magazine that I subscribe to, Cardmaking and Papercraft.  This year I sent off a few entries which, after judging, are sent off to charity.  This is nice because, although I'm ultimately entering a competition, some good will come from it in the form of a whole lot of cards raising some money for charity.

A couple of weeks ago, I was on a weekend city break in Bristol, and I received an email from the publishers saying that I'd been chosen as the winner of the Wild Rose Studio category.  Well, you could've knocked me over with a feather, and I had to read the email several times to make sure I wasn't mistaken.

Even hubby could see that I was slightly excited (ok 'slightly excited' is an understatement).

Then last week a HUGE bundle of stamps arrived on my mat, which felt like Christmas had come early and I had a lovely time rummaging through my new images.  Needless to say that you might expect some more WRS card samples to be on my blog soon!

Finally today, the winners have been published in the December issue of the magazine which Mr Postie popped through the door this morning.

Here I am on the first page spread of the article (bottom middle, under Wild Rose Studio category) :





And here's my 'close up'.  Please don't look too close at the photo, as I am far more comfortable behind the lens than in front of it...



To be honest, I'm still in shock.  It's been a long term dream to have one of my cards printed in a magazine, and it is amazing to see it there on the page.

I am so grateful to the magazine for hosting the competition, and Dulcie from Wild Rose Studio both for providing the prize and helping to select me as the winner.

Up until now, my main claim to success was winning a pair of binoculars in a competition run by a flooring company when I was about 10 years old - they wanted entrants to name the rhino that was their brand image, and I imaginatively suggested 'Flora'.    :0)

This win is on a whole new level, and I'm so honoured to have been chosen from such high quality entries.

Thanks to everyone involved in the competition, and huge congratulations to the winners of the other sponsored categories.

What a lovely end to the week.
Happy crafting everyone.
Hugs
Annette
xx

28 comments:

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Saw your piccy in my copy too!!! Well done Annette and very richly deserved.

Helen x

Lorraine said...

I saw your piccy too. Well done Annette - well deserved, your cards are gorgeous.
Have to admit I was chuffed too, I came 3rd in the Joanna Sheen category!
Lorraine x

Wishcraft said...

Oh that's fab news Annette! Well done, and enjoy your new stamps :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Suze said...

Congrats on your well deserved win Annette. I'll have to wait a couple of months to see the magazine as we are so far behind! Thanks for including the page in your post. Looking forward to seeing what you create with your winning stamps.

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW congratulations xxxx Love Hazelxo

SoniaW said...

Well done Annette!

Donna Mosley said...

Way to go girl! HUGE congratulations Annette. Gorgeous card. :o)

Donna x

Dorte said...

Super news Annette, hugs and congreat from Dorte

iReneM said...

How wonderful, Annette.
Congratulations and well done!!
x

Elaine Stark said...

Just received my mag too. Congratulations, a fab card. I look forward to seeing all those new images. Elaine

Penni said...

Wow Annette - huge congratulations! Well done.
Hugs
Penni
X

Barbara GR said...

Wow...Congratulation Anette!!! Well done!
Hugs, Barbara GR

An Occasional Genius said...

I haven't been blogging much lately but when I saw this I had to pop in & say congratulations! Your cards are so inspiring & it's a very well deserved win xx

Anonymous said...

Woooooooooooooooooooooo hoooo!!! I CAN shout it out now!! YAY!!!!! well done your a real star and its a well deserved win!! WELL DONE!! hugs me xx

Carol S. said...

Congratulations!! Well deserved winner. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Tracey T said...

Congratulations, Annette. This prize is so well deserved and I'm delighted for you. Enjoy playing with your goodies! Hugs, Tracey
PS
I won their prize for Pebbles Inc several years ago and I'm still using up bits and pieces from it! xx

Unknown said...

Congratulations! :)

Sarah said...

Well done You and really well deserved!! xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Fabulous! That is definitely a dream come true - your card is beautiful - a well deserved win! Congratulations to you - I am sharing in your joy as I read your blog post. Well done!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Fabulous! That is definitely a dream come true - your card is beautiful - a well deserved win! Congratulations to you - I am sharing in your joy as I read your blog post. Well done!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Fabulous! That is definitely a dream come true - your card is beautiful - a well deserved win! Congratulations to you - I am sharing in your joy as I read your blog post. Well done!

Mojca said...

Ohhhh myyy Annette congratulations! You so deserve this! The card looks amazing and no wonder that you won! So happy for you hun! Hugs! MOjca

Ali said...

Congratulations!!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Huge congrats to you Annette. You deserve bragging right with your win. Fabulous job and love your sweet card.

Squirrel x said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Go girl! That is fabulous news, and I am thrilled for you! Wow, I am doing a happy dance on your behalf. Well done chick. Hugs xx

Chrissy said...

Congratulations Annette...so thrilled for you and can feel your excitement...well done.

luv CHRISSYxx

Christine L said...

WOWEEEEE!!!! WELL DONE YOU!!! And very well deserved may I add!! Can I have your autograph now?? hehe..

Big hugs
Christine x

The Stamp Basket said...

Congratulations! We feel very proud of your achievement, too!!!! Will let everyone know on the blog and facebook!! Well done! Hugs, Janetxx