Saturday 1 June 2013

Windy Miller!!

My card for The Stamp Basket today is one that's a little different from my usual pink, purple or aqua style.  

I'm not usually keen on yellow and green, but I've tried to venture outside of my comfort zone as this seemed to be a summery kind of image, perfect for a summer birthday.


The image reminds me of Windy Miller of Candlewick Green.  Anyone else remember him???

I've found a little video of him below to jog the memory.  The setting is not quite the children's program that I remember, but it might make you smile!!!

Enjoy your breakfast porridge !!   ;0)




I can also let you know that The Stamp Basket are having a special weekend promotion on Crafter's Companion stamps this weekend until 9-00a.m. GMT Tuesday and there's 15% off all stamps. Pop your skates on and grab a cute bargain.


See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Showing your age Annette!!? Lovely card and yes I remember him too...weird chap, bet he's got a bad back after all those years of winding!! Have a lovely weekend x

Mojca said...

Oh this is so cute! I love the your gorgeous colouring!!!! And the image is really pretty, really summery. Hugs! Mojca

Doreen said...

Beautiful....gorgeous image,love the colours.xxx

Chrissy said...

Love the image Annette and fabulous colouring...we never had Windy Miller here in NZ, so dont remember him.

Luv CHRISSYxx

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Beautiful project. I love all the colors and everything:)You are so talented:) Following on Boglovin
Tabitha's Designs Blog
Low priced fun Digi Papers:)
New Challenge Blog on the Block:)

Christine L said...

OOOOH OUCH!!!! I did chuckle at that video!! And yes I remember Windy Miller.. though not quite in the nude!!

Fabbie card hon as always... love this change of style and colour!

Hugs
Christine x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous card, I love this image and the way you have coloured it.

Thank you for joining in the fun at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Anonymous said...

hehehehee windy! yay!!!!!! I remember him..... PMSL that video is soooo funny! My porridge in the morning is gonna remind me of that video tehhehheee! LOVE your card too! thanks for the chuckle,
hugs me xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Lovely card Annette. Really love the colours! Looks fab hun and beautifully coloured image. Hugs, Wends xxx

Heather said...

A fabulous card Annette, I love your fabulous windmill - great colouring and your design and details are gorgeous.

Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx