Tuesday 25 June 2013

Bears or Ducks?

The theme today at Top Tip Tuesday is to use office supplies.  I had planned to use either staples or some pretty coloured paperclips as my office supplies, but I ended up making a new baby card, and I thought that they were not really appropriate for a baby card.   So I had to have a rethink.

I eventually ended up using an old coloured ring-binder index divider for backing all the panels and layers of my card.

I've also got a new addiction.  Thanks to the super talented Lisa, I've popped over to the Sugar Nellie shop, and got a bit carried away, so you may see a few new images on my blog over the next few weeks.

Today's card uses Cute & Cuddly, and it just shouted 'baby card' to me, so that's why I am in baby card mode!  I've stamped it in grey ink rather than black, so it has a softer look, and I've coloured it in pale colours.

When I'd finished, hubby asked me why I'd coloured a bear in yellow.  But I'm sure it's a duck. It has no ears so how can it be a bear?  What do you think?  Is it a bear or a duck?  And if it is a bear, can you get yellow bears?

(Winnie the Pooh is kind of yellow.  Isn't he?)


And here's what's left of my divider (cos I forgot to take a piccy of it before I cut it up!)




See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

11 comments:

Christine L said...

HI Annette..

Oooh clever use of the stationery item... love that turquoise... and yes, you're right about the SN shop... definitely addictive! LOVE your card btw... your colouring looks fab with that softer outline... but then again, your colouring is ALWAYS fab! Hmmm about the yellow duck/bear... it's really difficult to tell... definitely duck shaped... but no webbed feet?? Sitting on the fence on that one!

I've been away again for a few days and have decided against trying to catch up with commenting on the cards posted while I was away this time... I'd be here all day if I did that as it took me ages last time!! So apologies, but I'm back now!! LOL

Hugs
Christine x

An Occasional Genius said...

It's a duck! Definitely lol! As you rightly point out it has no ears & bears have ears but ducks just go with babies (if you see what I mean). So I say duck but whatever the overall opinion, it's a totally gorgeous card xx

Elaine Stark said...

A great use of a file divider, amazing what you can use to make a beautiful card. Elaine

Wishcraft said...

Well I'd say it's a duck... not totally sure though! I've not got this one, but it's on my 'need' list - very cute! Fab colouring and a gorgeous card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Mojca said...

Ohhhhh cute cute cute!Love the colours. Hugs! Mojca

Katelyn said...

Gorgeous card as always! Hmmmm, I would say on a first glimpse it is a bear but, it also kind of looks like a duck. If it is a bear, it could be pooh bear!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous.
luv
Debby

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I'm going with a duck, and he is adorable!

Deanne :)

Juls said...

ooooh wow!! Love this!!! Thanks for joining us in the sugar bowl. Hugs Juls

Jennifer said...

Adorable!! Thanks for playing at The SugarBowl xx Jenny xx

Bettina L. said...

Oh this baby card is adorable Annette. Love the design with the bow,flowers and all the blue and the clouds too. Have a lovely evening. Big hugs Bettina xx