Thursday 30 May 2013

There's always room for more birthday cake

The theme today at As You Like It Challenge is to use your favourite rubber stamp.  The idea is that we all tend to forget our old favourites sometimes, and so this is a great excuse to dig out that stamp you cannot possibly live without, and remind yourself why you love it!

I've gone back to my stamping roots, as my first introduction to rubber stamps was Penny Black and so I always have a soft spot for these critters.  My favourite characters are the hedgehogs and mice, so I've chosen an image that features one of each character.

I've softly water-coloured my image with my Distress Ink reinkers, and I've used my favourite papers (again) from Papermania (Lucy Cromwell), (current) favourite nestie (floral ovals), and two of my favourite dies (Lavish Branch and Corner bow).


See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

15 comments:

Christine L said...

Morning Annette... just back from my hols and trying to catch up... but can't go back through what I've missed or I'd be here all week!! LOL

This is fabulous... I also started off with lots of Penny Black.. and you have water-coloured this little scene perfectly! And I've used the Floral Ovals die today too!! It makes any image FABULOUS!!

Hugs
Christine x

Barbara GR said...

What a stunning card Annette!! The image is so sweet and colours fanyastic! It'd fantastic for a birthday...
Hugs
Barbara GR

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Annette, love the image and the soft way you have coloured it.
That oval Is stunning as is the bow corner (must get me that!)
it's lovely.
Dx

Doreen said...

Gorgeous....love the fab image and great layout.xxx

Anonymous said...

Annette this is soooo pretty! I LOVE Penny Blacks too! its funny a Penny Black was my first Proper stamp I bought too! that Spellbinders die is definitely on my MUST have list too!
hugs me xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Annette, love the image and gorgeous soft colouring.

Luv CHRISSYxx

nnalorac said...

I love your cute and so pretty card Annette. I'm a PB fan too, been so long since I played with any of them. Great to be here and here's to many more. Carolxx

Suzette said...

I love hedgehogs they are super cute a lovely card.

Suzette x

Mojca said...

Ohhh I also started with Penny Black!!! And oh I feel so bad that I haven't used one for ages ... thank you for reminding me :) Your card is beautiful as always. And I would really thank you for inviting me on the team, I am so honoured. Hugs! Mojca

Sarah said...

I've just got back from work and missed all the excitement:0(! However, lunch now so time to peruse!! I love the watercolour style of your CUTE card. Thank you for inviting me to be part of this fab team I am truly honoured xx

Elaine said...

Beautiful card Annette :)
I also started off on the PB's, and I still have a stack of them in a box somewhere!
I love your soft, delicate colouring, so very pretty.
Fab papers and embellies (I have those fancy nesties too, just keep forgetting to dig them out!)

Big hugs
Elaine xx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Your cards are always so soft and pretty - no exception here!

Deanne :)

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Great project. I love all the colors and everything:)You are so talented:) Following on Boglovin
Tabitha's Designs Blog
Low priced fun Digi Papers and Stamps:)
New Challenge Blog on the Block:)

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, sweet image and fab colours.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Laurel Beard said...

Beautifully colored!!!


Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!