Wednesday 29 May 2013

Kept Safe

The theme today at ABC Christmas Challenge is Kept Safe, so I've had to dig down to the bottom of my Christmas stash box to find something long forgotten!

I did find a few things that I've not used for a while, and amongst them was a small bag of resin holly leaves that I have had for years. Unfortunately I had ripped off the top of the bag which presumably had the manufacturer's name on it, so I can't tell you who makes them, but I think they are 'Dress it Up' buttons.

I've kept the card quite C&S (this is C&S for me anyway), but couldn't resist adding a big red bow held on by one of my favourite pearl brads.  Unfortunately I didn't have the right shade of red card for the matting layers, so I used white and coloured them with R05 Copic to get a lovely bright red for the die cut border for the green spotty panel, and also for behind the image, edged with green ink pad.



See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

12 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful idea to colour the border and matting with the copic pen...

Love the card design and the image is adorable!

debby4000 said...

Sooooo cute.
luv
debby

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! you can save this one for me! ( thats about 10 cards I will be getting from you this year! pmsl!) thehehe LOVE the colours and papers too! hugs me xx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Adorable - love the expression on his face!

Deanne :)

Mojca said...

Oh its beautiful and the image so sweet. Thank you fro joining us at ABC challenge. hugs! MOjca

Chrissy said...

Awww..he is just precious Annette, gorgeous colouring, love your holly leaves and beautiful bow...gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Wishcraft said...

Oh how cute! Love that image, gorgeous card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Edwina said...

Netty, This card is so adorable. I love that cute mouse. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous representation of our theme thanks for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Zw@@n said...

Ah, that image is soooo cute. Great colours/papers and also great colouring. Luv, Wilma

Jenn said...

This is such a pretty card, I love the cute image! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.

Carissa said...

Such a sweet card. That little mouse is adorable and you have done a wonderful job of colouring him up.
Hugs, Carissa