Tuesday 31 July 2012

Not "Mushroom" for Ribbon?

This fortnight's challenge at Top Tip Tuesday is to focus on the ribbon.  I found this quite hard to do when I was also showcasing a digi image, especially when I'd printed out the digi quite large.  So I had to put my thinking cap on.

I decided to use ribbon in a colour that I'd used in my image, but the dusky pink didn't show up much, so I used a thinner ribbon in a bolder red, and layered it on top of the wider dusky pink.  I also made a huge bow, and used up the scraps that were left over in a little loop, again layered, and stuck it underneath the image panel.

Here's what I came up with:


See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay

Card Recipe:
Please pop on over to the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge Blog to see the other creations by the talented design team, and to enter our challenge.  I look forward to seeing your creations this week.

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

12 comments:

Sue said...

A lovely card and image.Love the ribbons.
Hugs Sue

Mojca said...

Waw really cute card Annette. I love the colors and the ribbon. Perfect combination. Hugs! Mojca

Lisa Minckler said...

LOL...don't you just love when you print out a ginormous image and barely have any room left? I do that all the time!
I love what you've come up with for these mushrooms Annette. The ribbon idea of clippings and tucking them under looks GREAT! The colors are perfect together and as always, your clouds are amazing!
Hugs to you,
Lisa xx

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Beautiful card, love your colour choice and the design is so pretty.
Hugs
Chris x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

The perfect card - love that big ol' bow!

Deanne :)

Leanne said...

Love this card hun!!

Thank you for joining in with my blog candy - good luck!

Hugs

Leanne

xx

Lisa Carroll said...

This is fabulous! Wonderful coloring of the main image, and I LOVE the ribbon treatment! Thank you for playing along in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog. :)

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Annette! Gorgeous colouring and love your layered ribbons :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Kara Lynne said...

Great idea to put the red ribbon on the muted one to brighten it up! It has a wonderful effect and really show cases the ribbon.

downrightcrafty said...

Just beautiful
hugs Kate
ps I have candy if you are interested and have not already celebrated with me :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card love the design and colours...

Sorry haven't been to visit sooner but now trying to catch up! Big hugs Jo xxx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card and LOVE your clouds! and the double bow looks great too! hugs me xx