We're sponsored by Simon Says Stamp who are offering a generous $20 voucher for their store and, as if that was not enough, Pizzazz Aplenty are offering a huge stash of crafting goodies to one lucky winner, so get your thinking caps on for T is for .....?
Here's my card. My T's are :
Thinking of You (sentiment),
Two flowers and
Tried something new (making my own shaped card)
How I made the base card:
I actually made this shaped card by cutting two large circles: one from plain card which is folded in half to be used as the base card, and the other circle cut from pink patterned paper, which I then cut in half. I then cut out 16 small circles and glued them around the edge of the two patterned paper half circles.
See the picture below which shows the reverse side of one of the patterned half circles with the little circles stuck around the edge, and also the finished result after the two semi circles with their little circle additions are stuck onto the base card.
Tip : Ensure that you attach an even number of mini circles on each half circle, so that the card stands up straight and does not lean to one side. For example, there are 8 mini circles for each half moon on my sample below, ie 4 mini circles attached to each side of the centre point of each half moon. The balancing point is therefore in between two mini circles so the card does not roll about, even if the embellies are weighted to one side.
- Image - Magnolia Tilda and Magnolia Birds
- Sentiment - One of my own Freebies (see below)
- Papers - Summertime Designs
- Colouring mediums - Promarkers and Copics (mix 'n' match, cos I don't have enough of each!).
- Nesties - Lacey circles
- 10mm roses - Wild Orchid Crafts
- Embossing folder - Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
- From my stash - Pearls, ribbons, Stickles, White gel pen
As promised above, here is my Sentiment freebie that I've used above. You're free to download it if you like it; click on the image for a larger version, then right click and 'save picture as' to save to your own computer.
My conditions are as follows:
- Please become a follower, then you will see more freebies as they are posted,
- Please leave a comment on this post to let me know you've downloaded it, and
- Please don't share my freebies directly with other people.
- I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes
- Sassy Studio - Hot Pink, Light pink & Black
- Phindy's Place - Going around in circles
- Simply Create - Fly with us (birdies)
- Stampin' for the weekend - My Favourite Things (Pink, Pearls, Glitter, Shaped cards, Girlie)
- CES - Anything but square
- Crafty Calendar - Things with Wings