Monday 9 May 2011

Ain't No Sunshine When You're Gone

I do love little Patsy, so I'll take any opportunity to let her out to play in the rain, and this fab little sentiment (from Tracey Brossart) goes so well with the rainy theme.  This week at Stamp Fairy the theme is a sketch:

Here's my take on the sketch using little Patsy April Showers, I've decorated the front and the inside with complementary Patsy images.  The sketch was a really interesting one for me as I tried a new technique on this one. The sketch showed some stitiching on the panels and usually in the past whenever I've had to do stitching, I've always drawn on faux stitching, but I've been meaning to have a go with the sewing machine for ages now (just seemed a big deal to lug out the sewing machine but hubby recently sold his desktop computer in favour of a laptop so the computer desk is now conveniently empty - well, not for long as my sewing machine is now on it!)


It was much harder to get a straight line than I had thought. I'd never had a problem with fabric (and I used to do a lot of sewing when I was younger with my trusty 25 year old sewing machine) but sewing a straight line on paper was a whole different ball game, even with a spacer foot on the machine.  Anyway, I think I've hidden up the dodgy bits under the image, sentiment and a few strategically placed gems. 

Finally, for a bit of a change which I've done lately, I've used my watercolour pencils for most of the image, instead of just my Promarkers. They give a much softer colouring, but I'm not a true convert and the Promarkers are still my fave choice, so I did sneak them in for the skin and hair.  The papers are Summertime Designs and the nesties are from Homespun from the Heart.

Here's the sketch:


Here is the inside of my card:


I hope that I've inspired you to enter our sketch challenge at Stamp Fairy this week. Please pop on over to the challenge blog to see the fab creations by the other members of the design team, and I look forward to seeing your creations.

I've been inspired by the following:
Have fun.

15 comments:

Christina said...

That is a wonderful card Netty!
Hugs Kristel

Mummylade said...

This is a wonderful creation, such a supercute image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

dandy_duffer said...

Really love your card today. The colours are so soft and appealing xxx

katesacraftybugger said...

super card , I love how you have carried the theme through to the inside , love the song choice too.thanks for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week ,Kate

Danni said...

Simply adorable! What a wonderful card!

Lorraine said...

Super card, Netty. Love your panels. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Carissa said...

This is adorable and I love your sentiment. Hugs, Carissa

Dawn said...

Beautiful card, Netty, that image is really sweet and I love your sentiment. Love how you've finished the inside too. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz!

Hugs, Dawn

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous sweet card Netty.
luv
Debby

Christine L said...

Beautiful Annette, and love the way you've used the different image in a smaller version inside!
Hugs
Christine x

Anonymous said...

tehehhee Love your singing! and love your card too! Gorgeous! hugs Samantha :0)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Netty
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Janette said...

Awwww, this is the sweetest card, love the images, so cute, perfect for the sentiment...thanks for sharing this with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Shelley said...

Oh what a fab card, love the style. Thanks for joining in this fortnights CYDA challenge. Hugs Shelley x

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous Netty. Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx